Merry Christmas and happy (almost) New Year!
It was another great month of lettering goodness! Lots learned and lots to celebrate, so I’ll just jump right in:
Reasons to Celebrate
- I exceeded my book sales goal for 2017.
- I sold more prints and books this month than any other month EVER.
- I got all my workshops for February and March scheduled.
What I Learned and How I’m Gonna Grow
- I learned that creating custom orders for people in December is really challenging. I had way more Etsy sales than I planned for (thank you!), so I was working a lot more on the retail side of things. Thankfully, I didn’t have a ton of custom orders, so they all got fulfilled and it was fine. But, trying to communicate efficiently with clients during this time of year, which is chaotic for EVERYONE, is a bit more difficult. I think next year my custom order cutoff for the year will be mid-November.
- I learned that I want to do more pop-up events and art fairs next year – especially during the Christmas season.
- I learned that I need to get better at pricing my products and that I need to come up with more product ideas besides just prints and the book. I have a few ideas already, but I’m open to suggestions. 😉
Thanks for reading and to those of you who have purchased from my shop or signed up for a class… an extra big, special thank you goes out to you! If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be able to do this for a living!
Also, I want to remind you all that free shipping on books, signed books, and discounted shipping on prints ends when 2017 ends, so get those orders in if you want to take advantage of those special holiday perks that will be going away for a looooong time! Click HERE to shop!