As we read the Bible, coming across a passage that’s hard to understand is going to happen and that is totally normal! So, let’s talk about what to do when we read a Scripture passage that’s hard to understand:⠀
1) Pray for understanding⠀
2) Read study Bible notes or a commentary (I love my ESV Study Bible)⠀
3) Ask an older, wiser sister or brother in Christ⠀
4) Trust God is good and that He never changes⠀
5) Again… Pray!⠀
If you missed my previous posts on how to read the Bible – in just 4 easy steps, here that is again:⠀
1) Pray for wisdom and understanding⠀
2) What are the facts? What’s happening?⠀
3) What do you learn about God? Humanity? Yourself?⠀
4) How will you apply what you learned to your life?⠀
Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we all can learn to interpret Scripture as God intended. Let’s open our Bibles this week, learn, and allow God’s Word to transform our lives and ways of thinking!
Get all my posts and shop updates sent directly to your inbox plus tons of freebies when you sign up for my mailing list!